Right now, this is a blog about the
experiences of two university students who are a bit out of their element. One is an asshole pretending to be a nice guy from a Caribbean country now living in Canada; the other is a white-washed Asian kid from Vancouver, who is known on occasion to exhibit assholish behavior, useless hockey stats and armbars.

Real Heroes...don't wear costumes. They wear suits.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Small Introduction

by The Halfway Hero

So....
I'm not much of a blogger. In fact, were you to ask me about blogging in the real world, I'd probably say something along the lines of "Blogging? Get the fuck outta here." What the FUCK am I doing here then? Well. the answer to that question is "why not?"

-

I love that response. Think about it. How many times have people responded to something you say with a why not. It is your perfect example of one of those critical-thinking syntactic argument 'If A, then B' things. Or whatever.

You do get to win one if those every so often, when you get a nice setup for it - like when your roommate who loves Halo and Master Chief and Xbox and J-fuckin-Allard asks you to play Halo with him. And you give him your most politely digusted "Why?!", and he hits you with the why not. So you ponder it for a second, and now you're thinking to yourself...hey. here's a chance to be witty, in a nice satisfying, hurtful and insulting way. I'll leave it to you to imagine this scene...whatever you come up with will be better than what really happened - trust me.

-

That is what is known in literature as "digressing". Consider this as my first foray into blogging, sarcastic writing, first hand account and all that jazz. I'll be back when I can, to give you more minutes of my life and those asian kids that look like they just stepped out of a magazine - with the fucked up designer fashions, earplugs, orange hair and 'devil may care' expressions.

4 comments:

  1. Lorenzo Von MatterhornNovember 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM

    You claim to have no experience with blogging, but then you go and write a blog post that reads exactly like every other blog in the world. Heroics you say? It seems to me that you just want to be like every other 'over-night celebrity' blogger out there. I hope you clean up your game before your next attempt at being heroic.

    -The Antagonist

    ReplyDelete
  2. did lorenzo von matterhorn really say that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember if you used your real name anywhere on here so I'm gonna refer to you as Halfway Hero for now.... I thought you liked Halo?!? I mean it works on everyone's computers and we always have a good time playing it. I for one always have a good laugh out of playing it.

    I hope you keep blogging, because your contemplations seem to be much more genuine and interesting than John's talk about Broskies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing more from you and Mr. Antagonist. Bear with me for a while, while I find my groove.

    ReplyDelete